Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Presented By: Moira Kaye
Make and share this Easy Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Put apples in the bottom of a lightly greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and egg until it looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle topping over the apples.
- Pour melted butter over the entire dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
This is a fantastic recipe. I actually made a mistake and added the melted butter to the flous/sugar mixture (I also added a pinch of nutmeg & clove). I spread it over the top of the apples anyway and baked to a golden brown color. Delicious!! I served it to Youth Group to rave review. I also use Granny Smith, Fuji, and Red Delicious apples.
So good!! I've seen cobblers with all kinds of tops, this was the first time I'd seen melted butter on top of the cobbler, but it was so good! Decadent, but everyone deserves a treat at the weekend!! A new favourite and so simple to make!
Like another person, I made the mistake of mixing the butter into the topping. It was wonderful, the second time, I followed the recipe as written and was not as happy with the results. I had butter at the bottom and the crumble was not as crunchy as I would have hoped. However, the butter mixed in was excellent.