Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Presented By: Moira Kaye
- 3 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Put apples in the bottom of a lightly greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and egg until it looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle topping over the apples.
- Pour melted butter over the entire dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
This is a fantastic recipe. I actually made a mistake and added the melted butter to the flous/sugar mixture (I also added a pinch of nutmeg & clove). I spread it over the top of the apples anyway and baked to a golden brown color. Delicious!! I served it to Youth Group to rave review. I also use Granny Smith, Fuji, and Red Delicious apples.
This recipe was pretty good! I took advice from the other reviews and used half brown sugar and half granulated. I also tossed the apples in the sugars/cinnamon first and added a touch of vanilla to the batter. The topping did get pretty crunchy though. I'm not sure if it was because I baked it a little longer or because of the melted butter poured on top.
Delicious. Easy. Simple.