Presented By: Moira Kaye
Make and share this Easy Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Put apples in the bottom of a lightly greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and egg until it looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle topping over the apples.
- Pour melted butter over the entire dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
This is a fantastic recipe. I actually made a mistake and added the melted butter to the flous/sugar mixture (I also added a pinch of nutmeg & clove). I spread it over the top of the apples anyway and baked to a golden brown color. Delicious!! I served it to Youth Group to rave review. I also use Granny Smith, Fuji, and Red Delicious apples.
Like another person, I made the mistake of mixing the butter into the topping. It was wonderful, the second time, I followed the recipe as written and was not as happy with the results. I had butter at the bottom and the crumble was not as crunchy as I would have hoped. However, the butter mixed in was excellent.
Delicious and sooooo easy to make! Takes a few minutes to make then about 35 mins in the oven...then HEAVEN!