Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's an easy-to-make appetizer that's great tasting. It was found in the fall 2004 issue of the Kraft 'food&family' magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small green apple, cut into 20 slices
- 1 small red apple, cut into 20 slices
- 1 (10 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 20 small slices
- 40 Triscuit crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together sugar & cinnamon in medium bowl, then add apple slices, & toss to coat.
- Cut cheese slices in half diagonally.
- Place crackers on a baking sheet, & top each with 1 cheese slice & 2 apple slices.
- Bake 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
I used whole wheat Ritz crackers, it's what I had on hand. Loved the contrast in flavor I made 8 crackers and enjoyed every one! Thanks!
I have to agree with seesko. VERY CREATIVE AND DELICIOUS !! This will definately be saved, as it is a healthy, delicious snack. Made for Zaar Stars.
Delicious, tasty and easy treat for anytime. I made these for my kids since we are inside withthe chill going on. They LOVED these. Definite keeper Iwouldn't have thoought of myself! Thanks for posting! **Made for beverage tag 2008**