This is my adopted recipe and I've made it now. It isn't like i think a cake is, it's more like a cobbler, It is very tasty and easy to make. I did use the food processor to mix Step 2. I made it in 8X12 inch dish but I think 8X8inch would be better, I baked for 33 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Mix together 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 t cinnamon.
- Place a layer of apples in greased baking dish, sprinkle with half the sugar-cinnamon mixture, cover with remaining apples and cover with remaining sugar-cinnamon.
- Cream 1/2 cup sugar and butter.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder and spoon over apples, spreading it as best as you can.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Best served warm, with vanilla ice cream.