Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple apple cake uses both wheat and white flour.
Make and share this Easy Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 cups diced apples, I prefer Granny Smith, but you can use what is on hand. It usually takes about 3 medium
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray and flour your pan. I either use a 9X13 or a bundt pan.
- Core and chop the apples first so that you can put the sugar on them to extract part of the juice from the apples. Sprinkle 1 C sugar over the apples in a 4 C measuring cup if you have one, otherwise just in a bowl.
- Cream the butter, 3/4 C sugar and eggs till smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except apples. Mix until smooth. Will be very stiff. Add apples. If not much juice has formed, like less than 1/4 cup, add about 1/4 cup water to rinse out the bowl or measuring cup. I live in the rockies so it is really arid here.
- Spread in pan to fill evenly.
- Bake for 30- 40 minutes. Check middle of pan to see if done. If pick or spagetti comes out clean, then it is done. Cool slightly and serve. Can serve with a sauce, (rum, vanilla, caramel, and lemon are good), ice cream, or whipped cream. Or in your hand. Nuts are a favorite addition of many people, but we don't like them in our family so I never add them.
Very good especially during the fall. I halved the recipe and baked in a loaf pan. Made for PAC Fall 2007.
What a delicious cake! I used the Granny Smith's as suggested and the result was a wonderful combination of sweet, tart, and spicy. This cake is delicious on it's own; I also served it with a vanilla sauce and that was great as well. I will be making this cake again!