Recipe by Chef Meela
My mom gave me this recipe- I think she got it from magazine. It is really good and very easy and it never hangs around very long. It's good warm or cold, for dessert or even breakfast. Nuts can be added to make it even better. Splenda can easily be substituted for the sugar.
Top Review by Muffin Head
t was very easiy to prepare and there was little cleaning up. The soft, warm apple tasted so delicious next to the spicy cinnamon cake. However, the cake is really dense with calories, so after I impulsively ate a quarter of the cake in one sitting, I felt kind of sick afterwards. Be careful with this cake--it's dangerously tasty!
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar (or splenda)
- 1 cup of chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup of softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chopped apple and mix to combine.
- Add egg, vanilla, and butter and mix well.
- Grease an 8 x 11 pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.