Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My mom has made this for years. It is so easy and very good. I make it and give for gifts at Christmas or anytime. Prep time is making and putting in jars for hot bath.
- 1 gallon applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 lemons, juice of (optional-sometimes this makes it too tart-you be the judge)
- Mix all together and put in roaster pan.
- Cook 4-6 hours in oven at 300 degrees.
- Put in jars, seal and hot bath 10 minutes.