Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Bought one of these a church bake sale, and was happily given the recipe.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- Note: you can use apple pie filling about 1/2 the can or double ingredients and use the whole can, cut apple into chunks, omit cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together eggs, sugar and butter.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in diced apple.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
Very good flavor, but very sweet! Not sure why they would be called Brownies? More like cake or maybe apple bars. Mine needed every bit of 35 minutes. They were getting very brown around the edges. The center though done is VERY moist. Maybe my apple was larger and juicier than yours? There is no way to eat them without fork. It would have been nice to know how much apple by cup measurement. I will experiment, because I Will make this again.
This were really good! I was definetly suprised by the taste and how easy it was. I became a little worried when I started mixing it cause it was so thick but it came out beautifully! A real treat and different from the traditional chocolate brownies. Thanks! Made for Fall PAC 2009!
Seemed too thick for a brownie batter so I added 1/4 to 1/2 cup a milk and they turned out perfect and moist less cakey then they would have been