Recipe by TLizSkinn
Bought one of these a church bake sale, and was happily given the recipe.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
Very good flavor, but very sweet! Not sure why they would be called Brownies? More like cake or maybe apple bars. Mine needed every bit of 35 minutes. They were getting very brown around the edges. The center though done is VERY moist. Maybe my apple was larger and juicier than yours? There is no way to eat them without fork. It would have been nice to know how much apple by cup measurement. I will experiment, because I Will make this again.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: you can use apple pie filling about 1/2 the can or double ingredients and use the whole can, cut apple into chunks, omit cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together eggs, sugar and butter.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in diced apple.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.