Recipe by VickyJ
This is a variation off the Orchard Mills Apple Crisp package. I had about a cup of frozen blueberries left after making Blueberry Banana Snack Cakes, so I thought I would give this a try for quick Saturday night dessert. Also, I purchased too many Granny Smith apples a little bit ago and had to find a way to use them up. Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side for something extra special! :)
Top Review by *Z*
This is a very good flavor mixture. I didn't have the packaged topping mix so I made up a home made crisp topping instead. I cut the sugar mixed in with the fruit by half and it was still plenty sweet. Very easy to make.
- 3 cups peeled and sliced granny smith apples (or diced)
- 1⁄2-1 cup fresh blueberries (if frozen, drained)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) package apple crumble mix (or cherry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients and put in greased 9 inch pan.
- Combine melted butter with crisp mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake 25-30 minute or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve warm, if desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.