1/1 Photo of Easy Apple Bars
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Outpost Natural Foods, in their Diabetes Fighting flyer. This is almost a one dish recipe. Everything gets mixed together in the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar or 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold strong coffee
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2If you need to toast the pecans, place pecans on baking sheet; bake 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- 3In an 8-inch baking pan, spread chopped apples and sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Using a fork, stir in pecans (unless you want to sprinkle them on top), flours, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda until apples are coated.
- 5Use a rubber spatula to stir in coffee, oil, egg and vanilla, scraping sides and bottom of pan. Smooth top with spatula.
- 6If saving pecans, sprinkle over top.
- 7Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool on rack and cut into 16 squares.
- 9Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate or freeze after 2 days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 55.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g