Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy Appetizer Meatballs - that is like a Swedish meatball or stroganoff meatball. I make these instead of the BBQ style and are always a hit at parties.
- 1 (2 lb) packagefrozen homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a 2qt saucepan, mix the brown gravy according to package directions.
- (I use one that requires 1 cup water) Once gravy is thickened, add the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
- Blend well.
- Place the thawed or partially thawed meatballs in a crockpot (or add to the gravy mixture and heat through on stovetop).
- Add the gravy to crockpot and heat on low.
- May be served over rice, noodles, or potatoes.
Loved this! Did make a few slight changes. Used low sodium brown gravy and just 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Added 2 pinches of oregano, 2 pinches of garlic powder and a pinch of black pepper. Still had LOTS of sauce if just serving as appetizers. Tasted similar to those fave meatballs at Ikea.
Loved these! Easy as can be to make, and eat! These were a big hit at my Super Bowl party, several people asked for the recipe. Thanks for posting!
These meatballs are great. I will make again!