1/1 Photo of Easy Anything Curry
Sue Lau's Note:
I used some of my leftover Thanksgiving turkey in this. I would prefer to start with raw meat for better flavor, so when faced with a choice, go with uncooked meat. The ingredients might make this look like it takes forever to prepare but it really does go together quick! Feel free to substitute on the meat and veggies. You won't need to cook the alternate veggie as long as the okra, unless it is something that takes longer to cook, like celery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces fresh okra, cut lengthwise and then crosswise into 4 pieces (or any other veggie, chopped)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, sliced (use less if you prefer)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (if raw, cook with the veggies) or 2 cups cooked turkey (if raw, cook with the veggies)
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, cut into quarters (or any other veggie, chopped)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 -3 hot green chili peppers (optional) or 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, your choice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 3 cups steamed cooked basmati rice
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet and add chopped onion, garlic, and okra. It is important to properly cook the okra so that it browns, loses much of its slick texture, and brings the flavor out. If you are using raw chicken instead of cooked, add it at this time.
- 2When okra or onion is browned lightly, and if you used raw chicken, make sure it is cooked through.
- 3Add the mushrooms, tomatoes with juice, chopped cooked chicken, ginger, chopped chillies, curry powder, and water.
- 4Stir well, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms have cooked through.
- 5Sprinkle dish with 1-2 teaspoons garam masala.
- 6Serve curry hot, with steamed basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Anything Curry
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 868.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: