1/1 Photo of Easy and Yummy White Bread
3 hrs 20 mins
Nyonya Kecil's Note:
I've been learning to bake since last year and this bread recipe is one that I developed myself . There's only 2 of us at home so I only make one loaf every week .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the milk but make sure not to make it too hot .
- 2Sieve the flour and the salt into a bowl then add the sugar . Mix it well .
- 3Mix the yeast with with a little bit of sugar in the warm milk .
- 4Add the olive oil into the mixture.
- 5Then pour the yeast mixture into the bowl .
- 6Using a fork continue to mix the flour with the liquid .
- 7Form a ball then transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface .
- 8Knead for about 10 minutes . At this stage the dough should still be sticky but don't worry , just wet your palm with some olive oil and continue the kneading process until you form a soft a smooth dough .
- 9Put the dough into a lightly oiled bowl . Cover with a damp cloth leave to rise in a draft free place forabout 1 1/5 - 2 hours or until the dough is double in size .
- 10Punch down the down . On a lightly floured surface gently roll up the dough and a rectangular shape with 3/4 cm thickness.
- 11Roll down , shape into loaf and transfer it into a well greased 1 pound tin loaf .
- 12Cover with cloth and let it rise for 45 minutes or until the dough has risen about an inch above the tin.
- 13Bake in preheated oven at 175 C fan force for 30 minutes.
- 14Take it out from the oven , brush the top with the melted butter .
- 15Bake for further 10 minutes.
- 16Transfer the loaf on the cooling rack . Wait until it's completely cool before slicing it .
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Yummy White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1037.7
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 4688.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 31.0 g