Recipe by seandrew
My mom has been making this since before I can remember and she got it from her mother.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 lb) can diced tomato
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 12 -15 noodles lasagna noodles (half a package)
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In very large skillet or sauce pan: Sauté onions, set aside. Brown meatin , drain. Add onions, tomatoes with juice, paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, pepper, garlic and oregano; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil lasagne according to box, don't use no-boil lasagne.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1c sauce in bottom of Lasagne Pan (13x9).
- Alternate layers lasagne, sauce, cottage cheese(1/3 of package per layer), mozzerella(3 oz per layer) and parmasan(1/4 c per layer); for 3 layers.
- On last layer (4th) you should only have noodles, sauce, mozzerella and parmasan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Allow to stand and rest 15 minutes before cutting and serving.