Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy recipe that kids will like to help with around the holidays. Its kind of like playing with play-doh when you have to crumble the cookie dough.
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 0.333 (18 1/16 ounce) packagerefrigerated oatmeal raisin cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use butter to generously grease a shallow 2 qt baking dish or deep 9' pie plate.
- Place cranberries, sugar, and orange juice in prepared dish and stir well.
- Place cookie dough and nuts in a small bowl.
- Use hands to coarsely crumble dough and mix in nuts.
- Crumble mixture over cranberries.
- Bake until cranberries have popped and are bubbling and cookie dough is browned and crunchy, 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream.
- NOTE: If you want to use frozen cranberries, you need to partially thaw them before using them.