Recipe by GloriaAnn
I made this up all by myself. My mom and I are big tuna eaters. I eat tuna everyday and I find this to be the EASIEST and TASTIEST way I can possibly make my tuna salad for my lunch everyday. It's very quick and takes me about 5 minutes, it's also low fat and good for you. My mom tells me all the time that she loves it. I enjoy it as well, I eat this tuna salad nearly every day for lunch at school. I eat it with crackers, on bread or plain with some fruit, the Mrs. Dash gives it a great flavor, I always keep Mrs. Dash on hand. I hope you like it. It's a recipe concocted by a 15 year old chef. lol.
- 1 (3 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained (I prefer Starkist Albacore Tuna, in the single serving cans)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise (or fat free)
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard (use a little more if tuna salad is too dry, I use a teaspoonful)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 baby carrots, chopped (optional)
- sweet relish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain your tuna well.
- Scoop into a bowl with a fork and flake it well with your fork, breaking up the larger chunks of tuna.
- Add remaining ingredients and enjoy.
- Whenever I'm in a hurry I just use the mayonnaise, honey mustard and Mrs. Dash.
- When I have time I add the carrot which gives it a nice crunch.
- Eat it on 2 slices of whole wheat bread, with tortilla chips, or with crackers.
- Sometimes I just eat it plain it tastes just fine that way.