Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a yummy Mexican bake that is much easier than preparing individual tacos or burritos for the whole family. Delicious served for dinner or as an appetizer...great for potlucks :)
Top Review by Kannwilson
Great recipe! It was easy and tasty! I used Fat free cheese, FF sour cream and very lean ground beef. I also sprayed the pan with PAM to "grease" it and it worked well. Yummy!
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup biscuit mix (Bisquick or similar)
- lettuce, chopped (optional)
- tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- onion, chopped (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Line pan with tortillas, making sure tortillas go up the sides of the pan to the edge.
- Fry beef and onion over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up meat, until beef is browned.
- Drain and stir in seasoning mix and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for a minute or so and then spoon over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat milk, eggs and biscuit mix on high speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour over mixture in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then serve and slice.
- Top with veggies and sour cream, if desired.