Recipe by AuntWoofieWoof
This is similar to Hamburger Stroganoff. I was at the grocery store yesterday and was going through their 3 marked down items carts. I found some cans of "Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup" in one of them. I have never seen that kind of soup before. I grabbed a couple of cans of it, figuring that I could come up with a recipe to use one of them them in. Even though there is some beef in the soup, I still used it with hamburger. This is very easy to make. It's more like a Stroganoff without added mushrooms. I am allergic to black pepper, so I don't add it to my recipes. Use however much you want to. You can use more onion and garlic if you want to. Prep time and cook time are appx.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbells beefy mushroom soup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a medium sized skillet on med-hi heat.
- Drain fat if necessary.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the hamburger.
- Cook on medium heat until the onion and garlic are tender and the hamburger is done.
- Add the can of soup.
- If desired, add 1/2 can of water, using the soup can.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium to med-lo and simmer for about 10 or 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sour cream and stir.
- Heat until it just barely starts to boil.
- Thicken if necessary, using your own method.
- Keep hot until ready to serve.
- Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
- Or add cooked noodles to it when it is completely done.