1/14 Photos of Easy and Tasty Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches in the Crock Pot
8 hrs 10 mins
This is almost too easy to be called a recipe, but I had to share it anyway. I came up with it one night when I wanted a nice meal but wasn't feeling too motivated. I love Crock-Pot cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- 2Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- 3Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- 4You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- 5Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- 6Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- 7Or, if you're like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
- 9An easy weeknight meal that doesn't heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
- 10I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Tasty Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1529.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 40.5 g
- Protein 28.4 g