Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is almost too easy to be called a recipe, but I had to share it anyway. I came up with it one night when I wanted a nice meal but wasn't feeling too motivated. I love Crock-Pot cooking!
- 453.59-907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 510.29 g jarof your favorite barbecue sauce (I love K.C. Masterpiece!)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 4-6 hamburger buns
- Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- Or, if you're like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
- An easy weeknight meal that doesn't heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
- I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.
Thank you for posting this recipe. I read all the reviews and found that I had like many of the reviewers used Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce. I shred the chicken after 4-5 hours and let it soak up all the sauce. Also, I added a couple teaspons of liquid smoke. I have used this recipe before and intend on using it many times in the future. Great recipe. The taste along with the ease of preparation cannot be beat!!
As good as any I've had in a restaraunt. I used 2.5 lbs chicken , Sweet Baby Ray's Honey 18 oz (could probably use a little more). Seasoned chicken with pepper and garlic salt before cooking. Diced the onion. Cooked for 3.5 hours on low, took chicken out, shredded and added more pepper to chicken and sauce. Added last bit of bbq sauce in bottle to the pot. Threw chicken back in pot and cooked for 15-20 minutes longer. Served on kaiser buns with cole slaw on the side.
Great recipe. I cooked this for my husband and his buddies. "perfection" is what i was told. We put the bbq chicken on tortillas with a little bit of lettuce and tomatoes. So good! So easy!