Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Kulfis are a great favourite Indian dessert. Usually served in a matka ( small earthen pots!!). However u can substitute a cone maker or any cute dessert bowl!
- 1 cup cashews or 1 cup pistachios or 1 cup almonds
- dried black raisins
- vanilla essence
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 2 cups milk
- Powder all the nuts in a grinder.
- Dissolve the nutty mixture in cold milk without goops.
- Bring to a boil. Add vanilla essence, cardamom powder, raisins and sugar at the fag end. Say, a minute before the milk reaches boiling point.
- Let cool before you pour them into individual serving dishes and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove just before serving and release the ice cream kulfi from the sides of the dish with a sharp knife. There you go. Home made rich and creamy ice cream to entice your kids with some nutritious and energy filled summer dessert!
- You can substitute any other food essence or sherbet syrup for flavor and color. I sometimes use the Roohafsa syrup by "Hamdard" for a rose essence and red color! Just use you imagination to use real fruits, color and essence to make your kids eat the fresh good things of nature!
- For weight watchers and diabetics, you may use Splenda or brown sugar. It still tastes great!