Recipe by Julesong
Tonight when making a Rogan Josh Lamb I wanted a special rice to go along with it, so I put together this combination… and I was very pleased with how it came out! I’ll be making rice this way for years to come. It’s absolutely delicious, and wonderfully aromatic.
- 709.77 ml water
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon powder or 4.92 ml vegetarian chicken bouillon granules
- 354.88 ml basmati rice
- 10 whole cardamom pods
- 1.23 ml cardamom powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine the water and bouillon and stir well. (The idea of the small amount of bouillon is to barely flavor and salt the liquid, but not to make the rice taste “chickeny.” You can increase the amount of bouillon if you like, but I think it was perfect this way.) Bring to boiling.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and allow to boil together for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, cover the saucepan, and let sit for 20 minutes. It’s done! Fluff the rice and serve.
- Note: if you don’t have chicken bouillon or vegetarian chicken bouillon, you can probably use 2 cups water and 1 cup chicken broth instead, with much the same result.