Tonight when making a Rogan Josh Lamb I wanted a special rice to go along with it, so I put together this combination… and I was very pleased with how it came out! I’ll be making rice this way for years to come. It’s absolutely delicious, and wonderfully aromatic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan combine the water and bouillon and stir well. (The idea of the small amount of bouillon is to barely flavor and salt the liquid, but not to make the rice taste “chickeny.” You can increase the amount of bouillon if you like, but I think it was perfect this way.) Bring to boiling.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and allow to boil together for 1 minute.
- 3Turn off the heat, cover the saucepan, and let sit for 20 minutes. It’s done! Fluff the rice and serve.
- 4Note: if you don’t have chicken bouillon or vegetarian chicken bouillon, you can probably use 2 cups water and 1 cup chicken broth instead, with much the same result.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Simple Cardamom Rice
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole cardamom pods