Recipe by LifeIsGood
I originally saw this recipe in a magazine and tweaked it so it would be a bit healthier. We think it even tastes better this way. My kids request this recipe A LOT because it reminds them of bbq ribs. The recipe couldn't be easier. Enjoy!
Top Review by Heather MSS
I have made probably 15 different pork chop recipes from this site and everytime my husband says, "Will you just make those good ones again!" Of course, he is talking about THIS recipe!! Thank you for making him SO happy!! :0)
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (I get fairly thick chops so they don't dry out in the crock pot)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I like to use either canola or olive oil)
- 2 cups no-sugar-added ketchup (low carb)
- 1⁄2 cup packed splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon hickory-flavored liquid smoke (don't omit this!)
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in oil on both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke.
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Top with pork chops and remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-1/4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.