I originally saw this recipe in a magazine and tweaked it so it would be a bit healthier. We think it even tastes better this way. My kids request this recipe A LOT because it reminds them of bbq ribs. The recipe couldn't be easier. Enjoy!
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (I get fairly thick chops so they don't dry out in the crock pot)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I like to use either canola or olive oil)
- 2 cups no-sugar-added ketchup (low carb)
- 1⁄2 cup packed splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon hickory-flavored liquid smoke (don't omit this!)
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in oil on both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke.
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Top with pork chops and remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-1/4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.