Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from my Thanksgiving/holiday favorites folder. If you prefer a more intense filling flavor, then double up on all four spices. Make certain not to defrost the pie crust, fill frozen and then bake, this recipe calls for a store-bought pie crust, that's what makes this recipe very easy! Use 4 eggs for a fluffier and lighter filling, if you prefer a denser filling then use only 3. If you are making this pie for a large dinner party, then my advise is to make two pies. This pie will produce excellent results in very little prep time, because of the frozen crust this pie takes only minutes to put together!
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 -2 tablespoon light molasses or 1 -2 tablespoon treacle
- 4 large eggs (if you prefer a denser filling use only 3 eggs)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 (9 inch) frozen store-bought pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 450 degrees and place a baking sheet on the oven rack.
- In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar, white sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and ginger powder until very well combined.
- Add/whisk in pumpkin puree, molasses and eggs, and then the whipping cream; mix well to combine.
- Pour into FROZEN pie crust.
- Place pie on the HOT baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees, and bake until sides puff and the center is JUST set (about 40 minutes).
- Cool to room temperature or refrigerate until serving.
- Top with whipped cream.