1/1 Photo of Easy and Really Good Creamy Pumpkin Pie
Taken from my Thanksgiving/holiday favorites folder. If you prefer a more intense filling flavor, then double up on all four spices. Make certain not to defrost the pie crust, fill frozen and then bake, this recipe calls for a store-bought pie crust, that's what makes this recipe very easy! Use 4 eggs for a fluffier and lighter filling, if you prefer a denser filling then use only 3. If you are making this pie for a large dinner party, then my advise is to make two pies. This pie will produce excellent results in very little prep time, because of the frozen crust this pie takes only minutes to put together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 -2 tablespoon light molasses or 1 -2 tablespoon treacle
- 4 large eggs (if you prefer a denser filling use only 3 eggs)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 (9 inch) frozen store-bought pie crusts
- 1Set oven to 450 degrees and place a baking sheet on the oven rack.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar, white sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and ginger powder until very well combined.
- 3Add/whisk in pumpkin puree, molasses and eggs, and then the whipping cream; mix well to combine.
- 4Pour into FROZEN pie crust.
- 5Place pie on the HOT baking sheet in the oven.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes.
- 7Reduce the heat to 325 degrees, and bake until sides puff and the center is JUST set (about 40 minutes).
- 8Cool to room temperature or refrigerate until serving.
- 9Top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Really Good Creamy Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 195.3 mg
- Sodium 550.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 45.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g