Recipe by Junebug
This is a fast recipe to put together that uses ingredients that most of us keep on hand. It's a very forgiving recipe in that you can easily add or change ingredients and it will still be a very healthy and flavorful dish! I have used the leftovers in tacos or as a topping for tamales.
Top Review by Engrossed
So EASY and TASTY and HEALTHY. I used white onion, red bell pepper, omitted the corn, and added a 4oz can of diced mild green chilies. We enjoyed this with lowfat shredded cheddar and recipe#239431 for a flavorful filling meal. I ate this on the South Beach diet. Made for Photo tag.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup corn (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinse & drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package chili seasoning mix (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 cup water (or more)
- sour cream (optional)
- grated cheese (optional)