Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is recently adopted recipe, and as soon as I make this, I will come bake and make the neccesary adjustments.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, remove bones and skin if desired
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into "patties" that resemble hamburger patties.
- Brown in oil on both sides for approximately 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- I serve mine and most like ketchup poured over the top, just depends on your taste buds!
I grew up eating these,we love them!
These were ok. I was kind of weirded out by them though. They were almost like puffy rounds of cornbread with salmon mashed in. I made horseradish sour cream sauce to go with them, but couldn't get past the doughy texture that they had. Then I smothered them in ketchup, and that made them edible. Overall though, I was not very impressed with this recipe.