Recipe by petlover
We enjoy this very much-I like the Jasmati brand ( american Jasmine) since you don't have to rinse the rice. You can also buy fresh ginger ( inexpensive) -peel it, cut it into small chunks then freeze. You can use the frozen ginger as you need it!
Top Review by Kaitlin H.
Almost like a dessert! I added some cayenne pepper for a little more kick and then topped with a bit of honey to bring out the sweet flavors for a quick snack. So good. Will be pairing with a honey garlic chicken meal later and I think it's just enough!
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) light coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth (or water )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse Jasmine rice, in mesh colander, until water runs clear ( skip this step for the jasmati brand).
- Combine all the ingredients in a non-stick, deep sauce pan.
- Turn heat on to medium high and let mixture come to a boil.
- Put a tight lid ( or foil ) over the mix and immediately turn heat down to lowest level.
- Let cook for 30 minutes ( do not open cover).
- Turn heat off and let mix sit for another 15-20 minutes ( do not open cover).