We enjoy this very much-I like the Jasmati brand ( american Jasmine) since you don't have to rinse the rice. You can also buy fresh ginger ( inexpensive) -peel it, cut it into small chunks then freeze. You can use the frozen ginger as you need it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse Jasmine rice, in mesh colander, until water runs clear ( skip this step for the jasmati brand).
- 2Combine all the ingredients in a non-stick, deep sauce pan.
- 3Turn heat on to medium high and let mixture come to a boil.
- 4Put a tight lid ( or foil ) over the mix and immediately turn heat down to lowest level.
- 5Let cook for 30 minutes ( do not open cover).
- 6Turn heat off and let mix sit for another 15-20 minutes ( do not open cover).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Quick Jasmine Jasmati Rice With Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 357.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk