Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pizza from scratch in under an hour. Much better than the ones you buy! Use your favorite toppings.
Make and share this Easy And Quick Homemade Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fast rise yeast
- 236.59 ml water (120*)
- 14.79 ml oil
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml pepperoni slices
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- In large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients.
- Mix water and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead for 2 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Punch down; place on 12in, greased pizza pan.
- Pat into a circle.
- Topping: Mix first 5 ingredients and spread over crust.
- Put a few pepperoni slices on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzeralla; 1/2 the monterey jack, and 1/2 the parmesan.
- Put the rest of the pepperoni on.
- Repeat the cheese layer.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until light brown.
This was my very first try at homemade pizza and it was a hit. The size was a perfect 14" diameter. The only change I would make is to try to cut down the salt a bit. There's plenty in the cheese and pepperoni, so I'll leave it out of the sauce completely. I'll also try 3/4t in the dough and see how that works. Oh, and for my husband who likes his crust cooked a little more, I'm going to try browning it in the oven either before or just after the first layer of cheese. Thanks for the recipe, MizzNezz!
I've made this twice and got thumbs up all the way around. Two of my kids said this pizza was better than our local favorite pizza place. I can't say I agree, but I do like the positive feedback!
I actually just did the sauce part of the recipe because I was in a time crunch. I usually spend much more time making my pizza sauce... so this quick, easy recipe was surprisingly good. One side of me is disappointed that my time-consuming sauces aren't noticably better... but I'm happier that I have a great go-to recipe for pizza sauce. Thanks a bunch... I'll be making this again. I do easiest, bestest Focaccia Bread Ever!! http://www.food.com/recipe/the-easiest-bestest-focaccia-bread-ever-27968 for the crust... FABULOUS!!!
I have to add something funny... we ran out of tomato sauce, so I asked my sweet hubby to run to the store to grab a can of tomato sauce. Instead of an 8 oz can, he brought a 28 oz. can. I measured out 3 1/4 cups tomato sauce... so I plugged in 52 servings and prepared the recipe accordingly. Now I'll have frozen portions to make 12 more pizzas for hardly any extra work!