Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fast dinner. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand for a last minute supper. You can get creative and doctor this up a bit by adding green pepper or other vegetables.
- 453.59 g hamburger
- 1 yellow onions, chopped or 14.79 ml dried onion
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice
- 113.39 g can chopped tomatoes
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown hamburger and onion over medium heat in a large skillet (one with a lid). Drain off excess fat.
- Add the rice, tomato, water, salt and pepper. Mix well and cover pan with lid. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Check halfway to see if you feel it needs a few tablespoons of water added. Stir and then sprinkle the cheese over top. Don't mix in, allow to melt over top while it finishes simmering.
The family loved this meal. I loved it also because of the quick and easy! I put in more tomatoes and salt also used onion powder. Keeping this quick and easy to grab, thank you!
I've been looking for a quick and easy recipe for those busy week nights. This fits the bill!! I used leftover pasta sauce with the can of tomatoes and added a can of mushrooms. I also used brown rice instead of white and ground white meat turkey instead of beef. This is a keeper! And so much better for you than Hamburger helper......ICK!!!
Loved it - Quick easy meal - I added some mushrooms and zucchini. Used fresh tomatoes. I like spice so sprinkled in some Mrs Dash Chipotle spice. Thanks for posting.