Recipe by Jenny Frenny
This is a fast dinner. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand for a last minute supper. You can get creative and doctor this up a bit by adding green pepper or other vegetables.
Top Review by drinkmore
The family loved this meal. I loved it also because of the quick and easy! I put in more tomatoes and salt also used onion powder. Keeping this quick and easy to grab, thank you!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 yellow onions, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onion over medium heat in a large skillet (one with a lid). Drain off excess fat.
- Add the rice, tomato, water, salt and pepper. Mix well and cover pan with lid. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Check halfway to see if you feel it needs a few tablespoons of water added. Stir and then sprinkle the cheese over top. Don't mix in, allow to melt over top while it finishes simmering.