Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty easy recipe to use up leftover turkey, serve it on toast or puff pastry shells, makes a great weeknight meal! This recipe can easily be doubled. Feel free to add in 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese along with the Parmesan cheese, and also some corn or peas. If you prefer a really thick creamed sauce then add in a tablespoon more of flour.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (I just use 2 small packages OXO chicken bouillon powder)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 cups 18% table cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned chicken broth (use a good-quality chicken broth)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- seasoning salt
- black pepper (lot of black pepper!)
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a saucepan; add in the mushrooms and saute until golden and tender.
- Add in flour and bouillon powder; stir until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Slowly add in the broth and half and half cream; cook stirring until smooth, thickend and bubbly.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and pimiento; mix to combine.
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add in diced turkey and cook until just heated through (do not boil).
- Spoon over toast.