Recipe by Sweet Chef
Kids will love these! These taste just like corn dogs, but healthier since they are baked, not fried. Put them on a plate with some ketchup. Great on a picnic too!
Top Review by Stephen Shafer
I wanted a hot dog but was out of tortillas and this sounded like a good, quick and easy recipe. I used a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix that I had in the cupboard and added approx 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of garlic powder to the mix. I then divided it into the muffin tin before cutting the hot dogs directly into the muffin pan. I also forgot to cook hot dogs first but they came out just fine. PS Don't do like I did and forget to grease the muffin pan.......lol oops
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the corn muffin batter as directed on the box.
- Chop the hot dogs into bite-size pieces.
- Mix in the hot dog pieces into the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Eat plain or with ketchup.
- Note: You can add more of less hot dog, depending on your own tastes :).