Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can't remember where I got this from. But I keep a can of cherries in the cupboard, a sachet of the pudding mix and knowing that the corner shop stocks cream, have always got a posh pud on hand for unexpected guests. Use deep glasses so that the layers can be seen. You want the light to shine through the cherries. The original recipe called for chocolate instant pudding, but my family prefers toffee flavour. Oh, and I always make twice as much because people always want seconds.
- 1 (50 g) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 300 ml milk (or as indicated on the packet of pudding mix)
- 1 (400 g) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (300 ml) carton whipping cream (or a can of squirty cream)
- fresh cherries or flaked chocolate, to decorate
- Divide the cherry pie filling amongst four glasses.
- Make the chocolate pudding according to instructions, using the milk.
- Divide it amongst the four glasses.
- Top with swirled whipped cream.
- flaked chocolate and/or fresh cherries.
EXCELLENT dessert which yes, it is EASY AND QUICK!!! Both DH and I love cherries with chocolate. The flavors blended very well. The amount did fit 4 glasses very well. We had this on George Washington's birthday and always try to eat cherries on that day. Prepared as a participant in the Feb 2009 Easy and Quick Event in the Cooking Photos Forum.