Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quick and easy using refrigerated biscuit dough and storebought vegetarian sausage! Adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
- Prepare the biscuits according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly. Crumble the sausage into 1/2" pieces, and return to the skillet.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Mix the flour and milk, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add the milk mixture, salt and black pepper to pan; bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Split biscuits in half. Place 2 biscuit halves on each of 8 plates, top each serving with about 1/3 cup gravy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I've been making this veggie version of Biscuits and Gravy for a long time and never really thought of it being a recipe before, how dense am I?. Sharon this is grand, I made it for Sunday brekkie and enjoyed every bite. I made the biscuits with E-Z Low Fat Bisquick Mix but all else as written. This is wonderful old time comfort dish made healthy while keeping the yum factor. Thanks so much hon for sharing this. :D