This is quick and easy using refrigerated biscuit dough and storebought vegetarian sausage! Adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the biscuits according to package directions.
- 2Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 3Remove from heat, cool slightly. Crumble the sausage into 1/2" pieces, and return to the skillet.
- 4Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Mix the flour and milk, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add the milk mixture, salt and black pepper to pan; bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 5Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until thick.
- 6Split biscuits in half. Place 2 biscuit halves on each of 8 plates, top each serving with about 1/3 cup gravy.
- 7Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Quick Biscuits and Vegetarian Sausage Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 979.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g