Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A wonderful Asian dish thats easy to make, and on your table in around 10 minutes. Serve with hot white rice. To save time you can slice the beef a day ahead or purchase the already sliced stir-fry beef at your grocery store. All amounts can be adjusted to taste.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 1 onion, cut in strips
- 1 cup chicken broth (or use beef broth)
- 1 teaspoon flour, dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- cooked rice
- In a wok or stir-fry pan, heat oil on high.
- Stir in garlic and dried red pepper flakes (cook for about 10 seconds).
- Add in the beef strips; cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, sugar and paprika; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in the stock; boil for 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add green onion and onion; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add in dissolved flour, mixed with 3 tbsp water into the mixture; stir until blended and thickened.
- Serve on cooked rice.
Very good and easy, only problem I had was getting the liquid to thicken up, the flour didn't work for me, I had to use cornstarch which worked great. I left out the onions as I have a picky eater, otherwise this was well liked!
This is very good. I loved all of the garlic in it. I cut the dried red pepper flakes down to 1/4th teaspoon and that was plenty hot for me. I served it atop of microwave sticky rice.
We really liked this dish. I left out the onions (dh doesn't like them), but everything else was the same. I will have to try this with chicken sometime. Thanks again Kitten - you have some wonderful recipes.