This is very fast and simple; basic but a family favorite. I've included tips for "kicking it up a notch". We use this all year long, either for grilling or broiling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first four ingredients in microwave safe 2-cup measure or bowl.
- 2(If adding any of the optional ingredients, saute in small saucepan, then add the first four ingredients.) Stir to combine completely and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to melt sugar and combine flavors.
- 3(Or simmer on stove until warmed and well combined) That's it: grill chicken, pork, steak, salmon, or shrimp and brush sauce on as desired.
- 4Ideas: Use different mustards to change the flavor; add 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne to spice it up; use 1 teaspoon each of dried onion, peppers, celery flakes if you don't want to use fresh.
- 5I usually set aside one cup of the sauce for extra dipping prior to grilling.
- 6(Boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes if your basting brush has touched the rare food and gone back into the sauce.).
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Quick Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1797.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g