Recipe by Busy Lindsay
This is so easy and quick! It is from one of the American Heart Association cookbooks but I made a few changes by adding onion and a little more corn. The original recipe also suggest you add canned chicken but I had some home cooked chicken on hand (I am not a big fan of canned chcken).
- 14 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (frozen or low sodium canned and drained)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded or diced
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons bell peppers, diced very fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine corn, milk, chicken and onion flakes. Heat over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and increase heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until soup begins to simmer. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.