Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A Healthier version of an easy go to dinner, cooked in a slow cooker with only a few ingredients, yet tastes like you worked on it for hours. The recipe can be found here: http://www.lobsterandfishsticks.com/ A surprise ingredient cuts the fat by replacing the butter and you miss nothing!
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and julienned or shredded
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope salad dressing mix, ranch or another flavor
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 -8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- place shredded cucumbers on the bottom of your slow cooker, placing chicken on top. Sprinkle with dressing powder and cook on low of 4-6 hours.
- shred chicken meat and add cream cheese on top – for faster melting, cube it into 6 -8 pieces. If you are adding mushrooms, add them at this time.
- turn up to high for 15-30 minutes, stir and serve over whole grain noodles or brown rice.