Recipe by Likkel
This is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken...and so easy! My kids love it!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup (plus one can of milk)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed (or chicken)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch-oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add soup, milk, broth, and cheese. Stir until smooth and cook until the cheese melts. Add the cooked spaghetti, turkey, and peas and mix well.
- Transfer pasta mixture into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs and dot the top with an additional 2 T. butter, if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the dish is bubbly and lightly browned on top.