Recipe by dimensionally transcendental
When I first submitted this recipe I had only made it once and now I have made it many times with many variations. This is why there are a lot more comments than usual. It is super tasty and super easy! It makes a lovely lunch for 4 or a decent sized meal for 2 served with bread and a salad.
- 300 ml passata (to taste or thicken)
- 500 ml vegetable stock (I used a strongly flavoured one)
- 250 g fresh tortellini (fresh filled pasta) or 250 g fresh ravioli (fresh filled pasta)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (whatever you have to hand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (to taste)
- 1 shallot (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste, I used a lot of pepper and not much salt)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (vegetarian, for serving) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oil, chopped shallot, crushed garlic and chopped carrot in a large saucepan. Heat for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the passata and tomatoes, heat for 2-3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the hot vegetable stock and frozen vegetables. Boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and taste for the thickness, adjust with more passata or stock as required.
- Add the chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta, simmer for 5 minutes (or as per packet instructions).
- Serve - it is lovely with crusty bread and grated parmesan if you have it.