Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These egg rolls are SUPER easy, and pretty healthy! The kids love them and always want more - they don't even know they are getting vegetables!
- 15 egg roll wraps
- 5 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 cups bagged coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- cooking spray
- In a food processor, combine chicken breast, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Process until the chicken is ground to the consistency of ground beef.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and brown the chicken. Add the cabbage and carrots and cook until it is translucent.
- Put wrappers in front of you with one point facing you, put about 1 or 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling in the center. Fold in both sides and roll from bottom to top. Brush a little water on the far corner to make them stick.
- Spray each roll with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, turning about half way through.
I couldn't find an oven temp- so I just went with 350 and watched carefully. Took about 10 min per side to be as brown as I wanted. Tasted pretty good! I added a little spring onion and mushroom to the mix, with the cabbage. Great with any sauce- Hoisin, Mustard, Soy, Chile Sauce. A little bland on their own.
These were great! I used ground pork instead of chicken, and thickened the soy sauce with a bit of cornstarch before adding it to the pan. Turned out nice and crispy too!