Recipe by FLKeysJen
From Fitness Magazine,this dessert created by Ellie Krieger is heart healthy and delicious...you won't even know the tofu's in it! The cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Yum! Ive tried many different tofu mousses, but this one is one of the best as far as taste and texture go. Very smooth and chocolatey. I opted to use some mashed banana instead of the powdered sugar for sweetness, but other than that stuck to your recipe and really enjoyed it. <br/>Thank you so much for sharing this keeper with us, Jen!<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #61 August 2013.
- 12 1⁄3 ounces silken tofu, drained
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (60 to 70 percent cocoa solids)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, process tofu until smooth.
- Combine chocolate, cocoa, water and brandy in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir until melted.
- Remove from heat; mix in sugar, a little at a time, until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to tofu; process until smooth.
- Spoon mousse into champagne glasses; cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired, and serve!