Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very simple and very good! I have made this many times in the past when I have lots of zucchini overflowing in my garden. Even better if you can use fresh cut corn from the cob. This is a simple recipe that has lots of wonderful flavor! you will love this! Use less jalapeno but please use some, it really brings out a "kick" in this recipe. My family loves spicy, so I use the two jalapenos!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 4 zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (can use two)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen corn or 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh corn
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese (optional) or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter.
- Saute the onions and garlic until tender.
- Add in zucchini, both peppers and corn; saute for about 4-5 minutes or until the zucchini and peppers are JUST tender but not mushy.
- Add in grated Parmesan cheese (if using) and salt and pepper to taste; mix to combine.
This was FABULOUS! I used 3 zucchini, 1 onion, 5 cloves of garlic, 1 red bell pepper and 2 jalapeno's. I also omitted the corn and diced up 10 Roma tomatoes and added them with the peppers. Topped this off with romano cheese and LOVED it! Would even add more than 2 jalapeno's next time! Another winner Kittencal!
Yummy! I used the grated parmesan, and highly recommend doing so!! An excellent combination of flavors, easy to put together, and healthy... it's a keeper!
Delicious side-dish Kit! Loved loved loved it!! Made as is but used canned corn (that was all that I had...). It has a nice kick and is healthy!! Used parmesan cheese at the end - Mmmmm! Had some leftovers the next day and it was still as delicious!! thanks Kit!