Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Finger-lickin'n delicious! Plan ahead, this chicken needs to be browned early in the day, left in the fridge to marinade, and baked later on... (even better if browned and left to marinade in the fridge overnight!). Time to make does not include marinating time only browning time.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed fresh garlic
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In the morning (or a day ahead), brown the chicken pieces on both sides in hot oil mixed with 2 tbsp butter or margarine; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, ginger, ketchup, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined (can adjust all ingredients to suit taste).
- In a small cup with a small whisk, blend together the cornstarch and orange juice; add to the honey mixture, blend well to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the browned and slightly cooled chicken pieces; toss well to coat the pieces completely.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours (overnight is even better!).
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350°F, and place the chicken pieces on a large baking sheet or pan (large enough to hold all the chicken).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked.
- Serve with rice and enjoy -- delicious!