Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
I had a busy day and came up with this easy recipe for soft tacos. It's good, fast and inexpensive. I usually make two at a time but if you have a tortilla warmer, that will make it easier for everyone to eat at the same time.
- 1 whole roasted deli chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno (optional)
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove chicken meat and make into bite size pieces, place in a 10-12" skillet.
- Add salsa to the chicken and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream into individual bowls and set aside.
- Place two tortillas in a brown lunch bag,.
- close tightly and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place 2 tortillas on a plate and add ingredients in any order you like. There is no real way to make a taco.
- While the first person is making their tacos, heat the second person's tortillas, and so on. This way everyone's food is hot. If you have a tortilla warmer, that would work great.