Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thick, creamy, the consistency of soft cream cheese. This works with low fat yogurts too! The ingredients look funny because it wouldn't accept only one ingredient but it would accept a coffee filter as an ingredient, lol.
- 1 (16 ounce) container plain yogurt (low fat, no fat, whole milk, any of them are fine)
- 1 coffee filter
- This will look like a lot of yogurt but will reduce to about 1/3 overnight, so don't be dissuaded by the amount!
- Take a wire mesh strainer, place over a bowl and line with either cheese cloth or a coffee filter (I prefer coffee filters).
- Pour yogurt into lined strainer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and scoop out wonderfully creamy thick yogurt. Store as you would any yogurt.
- I find this is fine without sweetening, but you can also add a dollop of jam or some honey or fresh fruit when you serve it.