8 hrs 3 mins
Thick, creamy, the consistency of soft cream cheese. This works with low fat yogurts too! The ingredients look funny because it wouldn't accept only one ingredient but it would accept a coffee filter as an ingredient, lol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) container plain yogurt (low fat, no fat, whole milk, any of them are fine)
- 1 coffee filter
- 1This will look like a lot of yogurt but will reduce to about 1/3 overnight, so don't be dissuaded by the amount!
- 2Take a wire mesh strainer, place over a bowl and line with either cheese cloth or a coffee filter (I prefer coffee filters).
- 3Pour yogurt into lined strainer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 4In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and scoop out wonderfully creamy thick yogurt. Store as you would any yogurt.
- 5I find this is fine without sweetening, but you can also add a dollop of jam or some honey or fresh fruit when you serve it.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Fast Greek Style Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 56.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: