Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love Skor chocolate bars - these bars are easy and great tasting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Skor candy bars, chopped
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a big bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, with a whisk, mix flour, salt, and chocolate bars. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix together.
- Spread the mixture in an 8-inch square buttered pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Put the pan on a wire rack and spread the caramel sauce on the cake while it is still hot. Let the cake cool in the pan.
I am in LOVE! These are the chewiest, butteriest, most delightful bar I've tried to date! I made one substitution out of necessity (I chopped up a big ol' caramel-filled chocolate bunny leftover from Easter as that was all I had--I don't think he minded, given how fantastic the cookies were!) and can't wait to try these as written with the toffee!
I think these bars are really good; they taste like a blonde brownie to me. It seems that the Scor pieces just melted into the bar for an overall buttery, brown sugar taste~which is wonderful just not what I expected. Thanks, Redsie! I'm sure these little yummies wont last very long at our house. :-) Update: My husband loves these and wants me to make them again VERY soon!
Yummmmmmy! I love Skor bars and carmel! So easy, sweet, carmely, soft, ooey gooey. I used Torani carmel sauce. OUTSTANDING! Thanks for the keeper recipe Redsie. Made for Zar Tag.