Recipe by crispychick
My aunt has been making this dessert for dinner parties for years. It's really fabulous and rich and tart and more suited for adult tastes than for most children. You must have the frozen box of raspberries (the bag kind will not work) and you must have a food processor.
Fudge Pecan Sauce
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen raspberries, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove box of raspberries from freezer and let sit at room temperature while making the fudge sauce.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and whisk in the cream and vanilla.
- Stir in the pecan pieces and let sit on the lowest heat while assembling ice cream.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the broken up pieces or raspberries.
- While machine is running, slowly pour in the cream and process until smooth.
- Serve in bowls and top with the sauce.