Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A delicious and creamy blend of sweet potatoes and carrots are encased in a crisp tender flaky phyllo crust.
- 3⁄4 lb pureed carrot
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 10 phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- In a large bowl combine carrots and sweet potatoes; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat to brown, be careful not to burn. Stir 1/4 cup browned butter and creme fraiche into sweet potato mixture. Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay out phyllo sheet on work surface; brush lightly with butter. Repeat layering and buttering phyllo.
- Spread sweet potato mixture over the bottom 1/2 of the phyllo and within 2" of the edges.
- Tuck sides of the strudel inches From the filled bottom edge, roll phyllo jellyroll style. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Cut 3 slits on the diagonal in the top of the strudel. Brush top with butter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving as an elegant appetizer of side dish. Enjoy.
- Note: I used thawed pureed carrots conviently found in my freezer case. Or one may simply shred carrots; microwave and mash.